Saturday, December 22, 2012 :: Maybelline Color Tattoo Flea x Multifolds


Marched off to the Maybelline flea event at SCAPE with my trusted angel last weekend. So we lugged down the new collection for a preview at the event. The packing that goes into a flea is insane because I am always optimistic and bring down ALOT of items.

IMG_6022

IMG_6014


VGY’s latest manufactured design. I’av always loved florals, lace, and everything sweet, soft and elegant so I made this dress a cut above the usual lace cheongsams. So in love with this piece I kept Mauve and Red for CNY!

IMG_6017


The peplum tops sold well because the photos online don’t do justice to the beautiful floral prints. It was so pretty up on the rack! And I brought down the last few pieces of Amelia Laser Cut Peplum skirt because it was SUCH a seller at the previous Maybelline event at Zouk.

IMG_6085


The orange looks crazily stunning on dark skinned ladies. Can’t help staring into a model’s eyes at this event because she was the only dark skinned with this eye color.

IMG_6018


Kennie and I in Seyfriend Embroidery Romper which sold like hotcakes after I posted up a photo on my Instagram (@vaingloriousyou). 
The amount of emails which came in were crazy and it was not even launched yet!

IMG_6036


One page full of orders for the Embroidery Romper and I still have 71 unread all regarding this romper! 
I am just starting to jump on the bandwagon but….Instagram is really amazing! There are so many orders coming in for all the unlaunched items I have been posting up on my Instagram.

Reg VGY emb romper


Yup and this upcoming glittery party dress. Not yet launched but orders have already came in (gasp)! 
I am contemplating to wear this out again tonight in gold glitter for my Tiger Beer event which I am to grace with other bloggers. Wore the silvery glitter one for my birthday and of course, I had it altered 2.5 inch so the dress would look just nice on me ;)

image (26)


Back to the flea event, I am so blessed and happy to have Eve by my side! She was a great help and I need to reiterate, someone who can tolerate my forgetfulness haha. 
Had to ask her this qn that day “Honestly, have you been pissed at me?” because I can’t believe she doesn’t have a temper especially when she has to work with me lol. For the record, she is extremely good tempered. 
Well, her politically correct reply which she minced her words carefully was “Boss ah………if i say no it would be a lie la..buttttt definitely there are times….” HAHAHA.

8861_509354059096191_2040518579_n


Taken with Sophia from TJM at the flea :)

12041_10151160224491980_1225285675_n
Photo c/o Sophia

My 2 angels. Both ever friendly, good natured, kind and helpful! :*)

IMG_6032


Kennie on the catwalk

IMG_6052

IMG_6061

IMG_6065


Taken with Linda Hao. I love her edginess!

IMG_6068


Photos which I received from a few lovely customers and readers of my blog! :)

IMG_6069


Wanting was absolutely adorable!

image


It was a pity I lost the photo I took with Simin and her beau! They are VGY’s loyal customers since…forever! They have been turning up to show their support at every VGY event. I am so thankful to this gorgeous couple! If you are reading this, THANK YOU! :*)

Back to the event, Kennie’s 2nd outfit change was the lace beauty number. She caught so many stares when she was loitering around VGY’s booth!

IMG_6075

IMG_6080



Kennie easily tower over many other girls at 167cm.

IMG_6086

IMG_6102

IMG_6119

image (11)image (13)


One of the colors I received from this event is this painted purple cream gel eyeshadow color.

IMG_6090


Used it to create a different look at the recent VGY shoot with Multifolds.
This was the photo I posted on Instagram. Felt so bad with so many compliments because the eyeliner was really just freehand drawing which otherwise look like crap up close!

image (27)


This is actually the true color. Shot using just natural sunlight. 
I am pretty amazed by the intensity of the eyeshadow color! It is gorgeous!

image (9)

image (10)


This was the finished look. Taken on the car using Iphone 5’s legendary front camera! 
This look may look abit too dramatic with the blue eyes and bright red lippie. But if you do not “increase” the intensity of your makeup x10, in the photos (for a photoshoot) the lighting and all other environmental factors will –10 the intensity of your makeup making you look flat and bare-faced. So, having a “thick” look is crucial for good photos.

image (15)


Did this for Kennie. She has earth tones instead with orange, cream, brown and green accents. 
Gave her a pair of dollywink eye lashes and she looked gorgeous in it!

image (6)

image (5)


Prepping at Vainpot for the shoot

image (24)image (25)


Worked with Multifolds for the first time and Melvin, the photographer and owner of this budding company is such a pleasure to work with!

image (14)

This photo captured was taken at the moment in time with the correct mood. I wanted an oriental look which can capture a woman who is so elegant, so classy and extremely wanted by many men. It was tough for all of us but Melvin was extremely patient and made it so much easier for us! He actually had oriental Shanghai Tang music played to get Kennie into the right mood. I have learned so much at this shoot with Melvin. Shared it with John and we will put it to good use at the next shoot! ;)


MEL_6487

Can’t wait to work with Melvin again for VGY’s New Year lookbook! Let me know how do you think of the photos so I can work on them and give you better visuals! :) 

John and I are thinking of getting Melvin to shoot for our (not wedding! haha) couple photos which we can hang in our house for keepsake. But we are ushering that into our next year’s plans as this is the busy period for us through CNY.

Happy Christmas to all my lovely readers and I wish all for your Christmas to be Merry as a song and your hearts be happy whole year long! ;)

With Love,
Tricia

9 comments

Post a Comment


~