Wednesday, October 17, 2012 :: Bachelorette's Night & The Wedding Of The Year

 

For the better or for the worse,

there are so many couples around me getting married. For the first time in my life, I am truly experiencing the “shift” in my generation. Everyone studies together, everyone graduate together, everyone finds a job together and everyone gets married altogether at the same time haha. Which is what I meant for the latter - for the worse. So many angpows to give at weddings and mind you, the angpow go by few hundreds at one time, gulp.

So I was one of the planners for my friend, Alice’s, hens night. Having to plan the dinner was well, chaotic as at the last minute, we were still decorating the place, finding goddamn helium tanks to pump the balloons etc. I was driving around with Tintin desperately finding places to pump the balloons and you know the old saying, when you are flustered, everything seems twice as hard and impossible to achieve. Even Tintin was flustered. I wasn’t able to keep a calm state of mind the entire day and 2 hours to the event, I was still out looking for a dress for the night!

Then again, no matter how flustered I get, I will still get things done at the very last minute ;)

Made a reservation at House @ Dempsey after John brought me down one night for our late dinner. Fell in love with the place (well, but not with the food)!

IMG_2271


So every seat at the table was decorated with an invitation card, a scratch-card (for have-to-do dares), noisy party poppers and a mask which will decide your character for the night. Those who got “Sexy” or “Wild” had to stay in the character the whole time, you get what I mean haha

IMG_2269

IMG_2270

 

Welcoming the bride’s arrival

IMG_2275

IMG_2291IMG_2293

IMG_2295

IMG_2297

IMG_2298


The ambience was awesome minus the horrible food. But it really was the company and the fun we had that matters :)

IMG_2299


May getting on with her scratch card dare. She was supposed to find chest hair on a manly man and pull it out right there and then O_____O

IMG_2312

IMG_2326

IMG_2348


Too bad the girls made me promise not to reveal the photos on my blog because…we played so hard it was insane.
ALL our spiteful boyfriends are lurking online everyday to see if they can get any evidence of what happened that crazy night haha. So we are keeping our lips are tightly sealed. If you happen to see us that night, do me a favour, just forget about it!

IMG_2356


The only singleton amongst us and her scandalous kiss. You don’t know how overjoyed she was.

IMG_2367

IMG_2373


Presented her with our special cake

IMG_2398

IMG_2384

IMG_2386


We don’t know if this opening was a joke……………………but it thrilled us terribly lol

IMG_2399


Why, that is extremely vicious. Hell knows no fury like a woman scorned.

IMG_2432

IMG_2444

IMG_2445

IMG_2446

IMG_2447

IMG_2449


Grabbed this photo online to show you how we created a ruckus on the road by tying tin cans behind our car. Travelled down Orchard Road, Clarke Quay with windows winded down and 9 bachelorettes screaming at the top of their lungs. Along the way we passed 2 police cars which we waved and screamed to “We are getting married!” and “We love you policeman!” it was a wonder we were NOT stopped and put in jail.

wedding-car-dress-up-cans-jewelry

Ah like I said, I am unable to post anymore photos from the after dinner party because of my promise to the girls! :p
Let your imagination run wild haha!


We barely rested for 1 day and it was a stayover at the bride’s place for preparation of the gate-crash on the wedding day.
As usual, we went through another chaotic last minute dash through the supermarket to get all the ingredients. It was 1 minute to closing and we looked like we were playing running man.

IMG_2459

This horrible green thing represents 1 of the 4 aspects in life – bitterness.
It was piled on with a 1mm thin layer of kaya, a capsule of bitter TCM medication (this powder is the bomb) and 0.5 inch thickness of bittergourd. I only picked up ONE granular speck of the bitter powder and I had to drink so much water to flush the bitterness away. And we poured the entire capsule of it on each biscuit…… The groom and several of his best men vomited haha.

IMG_2458


The shit looking food the girls prepared which I refused to “test drive”. It was meant to look like faeces.

IMG_2461


It was so disgusting I had a gag reflex after I took this photo.

IMG_2462


And the guys were supposed to lick it off…..their pampers.

IMG_2465



And the rest is classic. You can refer to the wedding video here if you are interested ;)

 

alice wedding shoot 2

alice wedding shoot

 

The day did not end there. We retreated to the hotel and had to prepare for the night banquet at Shangri-La.
All bridesmaids have their respective roles to play and having been through such a traditional and elaborate wedding, I now understand why it is important to choose the right bridesmaids. And I dare say, we are the best bunch of bridesmaids around albeit the countless last minute dashes! ;)

IMG_2475


Rochelle, myself and May
In a last minute rush yet again, I did light smoky eyes on Rochelle’s eyes that night. Gave her a light tinge of glow on her cheeks. Did not want to overdo the blush because she already has a huge and pretty gemstone down her neck :)

IMG_2477


The groom who wanted to look like Takeshi on the night of his wedding :p

IMG_2479


Jon and Elaine.
Elaine is the driver behind all the gate-crashing games haha. Can’t believe this is the first time she is made a bridesmaid because she did such an amazing job!

IMG_2481


Geez, my heart always melt when I see John in tuxedos or blazers :*) The thing about your man being impeccably dressed – it’s indescribable. 

IMG_2482

IMG_2488

IMG_2493IMG_2496


The dress that I was wearing is a textured bodycon dress (rivalling Herve Leger cutting). It is now available in Kissjane Citylink in last few pieces in Black and Cream. Go grab yours! It is extremely flattering and great for year end parties! :)

IMG_2498


There was a total of 80+ tables that night so the lobby was overwhelming!

IMG_2502

IMG_2510

IMG_2516


I really love the murals on the wall. Especially with sea tones and burgundy reds.

IMG_2520

IMG_2523

IMG_2544

IMG_2562

IMG_2568

IMG_2564

IMG_2569

IMG_2578

IMG_2590


Elaine and I :*)

IMG_2595

Both Rochelle and my hair was styled by John that night. It was a ridiculous sight seeing how the hairstylist do the hair for the rest of the girls. As John would say, for an elaborate or classy look, the higher up the hair at the crown of the hair is, the classier it would be. On the contrary, the hair was horribly flat for the rest of the bridesmaids, even Elaine. In the midst of seeing the hairstylist style my hair, he could no longer stand it and decided to take charge of my hair haha. It was a difficult task because I have really thin hair and a flat crown.
The hairstylist brazenly went up to John and asked him for help because “she do not know how to style the hair”. I could not believe such an amateur hairstylist was being hired! I really hope they can better hone their skills in hairstyling before taking up jobs for events specially for weddings.

I asked John for a not-too-neat look at the back and he twisted my hair in a pretty cone shape leaving some curled end – something different from the usual French twist. My hair color was also specially concocted by John a few days prior to the wedding! :*)
It is such a gorgeous color with ash green undertones. If you are interested to try out this color, let him know as it is not available off the charts.
Remember to quote my name “Tricia” or “VainGloriousYou” for a 10% discount! :)   

IMG_2584

Lastly, have a great midweek all! :*)
I hope the week will be even kinder to you!

With Love,
Tricia

13 comments

Post a Comment


~