Friday, June 20, 2014 :: My Samsung NX Mini


Like many of my friends, you could have seen me (and a different side of me) in Singapore YouTube sensation Tan JianHao’s video on “17 Types of Selfies”. 

Here are some of the behind-the-scenes taken on the day of filming! There’s the talented Sylvia who has some great acting chops! 
SAM_2003

Don’t get me started and ask why am I standing like this.. 
SAM_2009

SAM_2022

SAM_2030  

With selfies and wefies leading the trend, people take selfies in every possible way we could ever think of; in front of landmarks, in front of other people, other ridiculous occurrences, well you get the idea. Coming from a self-professed camwhore like myself, the camera DOES make a difference in taking a good selfie ;) 
Which is why I have to lay my hands on the new Samsung NX mini. 
IMG_3525

IMG_3516 

It didn’t get me long to decide on getting the pretty Mint Green colour amongst the other colours such as Pink, White and Brown. And I have to say..I got hooked onto this camera when I finally gotten it 2 weeks back thanks to Samsung Asia Pte Ltd for gifting this pretty cam to me! This camera has now earned a precious place in my bag because this is the best camera to take a selfie yet. Another reason why it earned a place in my space-constrained weekend handbags is because it is ultra slim and light. It is a matter of which camera CAN fit into my small bag haha. Well, being pastel mint in colour is a bonus because it looks good when I whip up the camera from my bag….. No one ever complimented my White Samsung EX2F before, yah. Just so you know
To begin, here are some selfies taken by the NX mini beauty face mode. 
SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES 

One with my pretty Korean friend, Alice, from innisfree Winking smile 
SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES


I like that the beauty face mode does not overdo the smart blurring effect to achieve the smooth skin look. The effect is pretty subtle as you can see. I do not fancy using the beauty face mode on my other cameras as the effect is pretty overdone but I am starting to get hooked on using it on my NX mini!

The NX mini fares pretty well on food photos as well ;) 
SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES 

Brought out the camera during a triple date for Korean fare night teehee 
SAM_0139

SAM_0141 
SAM_0137

Decided to test out the camera during YSL makeup launch event and the colours are so vivid!

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES


Off to another event for Hic Juice’s opening at Boon Tat Street ;)

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES


During low-light environments, the camera fared not-too-bad as well. Here’s one night at Jamie Oliver’s restaurant with John!

SAM_2036

SAM_2038

SAM_2040

SAM_2041

SAM_2045


Here’s the mint beauty in its full glory.

IMG_3494


The intuitive touch screen display which is also able to…..

IMG_3509


FLIP UP

IMG_3540


to take a good angled selfie shot ;) I also like how the quick flip of the display turns on the camera automatically. No more searching and fidgeting for the on and off button everytime I need to snap a shot!

IMG_3536

Other than Samsung’s well known and easy transferring of photos into your phone via Wi-Fi®, NX mini has an added function also known as Tag & Go. If you have watched the video above, you would understand more clearly about this function! It is able to transfer photos from NX mini to any NFC-compatible smartphone seamlessly – just like what I did to transfer photos from my NX mini to my smartphone! ;)
IMG_3529


Last but not least, the 9-27mm lens zoom lens, which plays a pivotal role in taking a good selfie or rather, a wefie shot, from wide-angle to telephto shots.

IMG_3522

Find out more about the NX mini here if you like to know more before heading down to the nearest gadget store! ;) Otherwise, try to win one by entering a lucky draw in my quaint little boutique at 42 Haji Lane by end July! 
Psst, you would probably love to know that the purchase of NX mini comes bundled with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 and not forgetting an external flash! 
Good luck with your new NX mini! 

Labels: , , , , , ,

With Love,
Tricia

0 comments

Post a Comment


~