Thursday, October 30, 2014 :: The VGYSTORE @ Haji Lane


Few entries back, I wrote about the new milestones of VGY which I am trying to achieve and fast forward to this date, I can very proudly say I have done it; VGY has done it.
Amidst many uncertainties and unexpected delays, I am very excited to announce that the new VGYSTORE at Haji Lane will officially open her doors for a media & VIP mailing list preview on 31st Oct and 1st Nov respectively. 
Also, get to preview the new VGY e-commerce site first hand in the Store between 1-3pm! 
Achieving this milestone is definitely not easy when I made the decision to stay in Haji Lane and call this place home to VGY. The market conditions and the changing consumer perception made this decision a really hard one but the leap of faith and confidence in my own decisions have brought us here and it will continue to bring us to greater heights. Slow but surely and steadily ;) 
Now to quell many queries, VainGloriousYou (VGY)  was previously located at 42 Haji Lane, better known as The Vainpot Boutique. This shop was co-owned by 2 online shops namely VGY and Momoteapots (MMTP). The decision was made unanimously to close down The Vainpot Boutique as both myself and my good friend, Serene (the owner of MMTP) are working towards different goals for both our companies. MMTP will be soaring to greater heights by focusing greater efforts in the online business whereas it will be a dual-pronged approach for VGY via our e-commerce store (www.vgystore.com) and a brick and motar retail shop. 
Having been in Haji Lane for 4 years now, 42 Haji Lane holds very memorable times for VGY and this is actually why I have decided to stay here at the same address to open the brand new VGY shop front instead of looking for a brand new location :) And this decision is made knowing that consumers may be confused which is why I am investing so much efforts into renovating it with a brand new look to reflect the brand, VGY. 
The renovation period was made a hassle free one with the help of my very two young and aspiring interior designers, Hafi and Roxanne, from The Barnett Group, who worked hand in hand with me to create a store that is vastly different from before. Most importantly, they were responsible for overseeing the entire renovation and I could not have done it without them because of my busy schedule. To this, I have to say getting an interior designer really does take off a lot of stress and time on renovation works. Phew.
It was not easy sourcing for tiles and with the help of my IDs, they introduced me to one of the biggest tiles companies in Singapore - Soon Bee Huat
In the end, 2 different set of tiles were selected from SBH to reflect VainGloriousYou and our premium brand, Swan By VGY. I was so so so happy when I saw the tiles after they were installed because it is exactly what I had envisioned! The tiles are so beautiful with the intricate wood carvings and I did not see such tiles from the countless tile companies I visited! Could have save so much time if I came to know of SBH earlier! And I am definitely glad that I chose tiles over laminates because tiles will last even longer and look just like real wood than laminates would. The wood carvings and swirls in tiles will also look more natural! Haha I guess I have learnt so much about renovation, tiles, contractors, all the last minute additions from this experience. 


 

I have to mention that this is not an advertisement for them but I genuinely hope to share this information to potential young home owners as the selection of tiles at SBH are insane. Trust me, I have been to so many tiles companies sourcing for the right tiles for VGY and the service and selection at Soon Bee Huat is unrivalled. 
To ensure that I meet my own expectations for the official opening, the team and I have invested a lot of time and efforts into ensuring there is a reason why we do what we do. That includes the companies we have reached out to who will be supporting this event in the form of contribution to a luxurious goodie bag for our #VGYVIP attendees. Haha we at the office were all very excited to announce the sponsors coming onboard this official launch. Have you seen sneaks on our social media platforms? Every brand is carefully curated to ensure the brand's positioning is congruent with the direction that VGY is heading towards. Which is what I meant by, there is a reason why we do what we do ;) 
We sought for complimenting brands in specific categories namely Skincare, Makeup, Hair, Lifestyle and Health so be sure to see them around in the Store and your goodie bag! A press release kit will also be provided to let you know more about the Store here in Haji Lane, what is upcoming on VGY and the significance of each sponsor in your goodie bag ;)  

Do sign up for our mailing list (by emailing us at info@vgystore.com) if you have not because on the 1st of Nov, Saturday from 1PM to 3PM, it will be a by-invite only VIP preview for our mailing listees and we have a grand total of 300 luxurious goodie bags to be given away while stocks last! You are also able to purchase unlaunched pieces at online prices only from 1-3pm! ;) 
Before I sign off, I wish to pen it down that this is one of my biggest achievements in year 2014, other than getting my RES license. And it is not possibly without the small but very tight team at VGY and all the angels who have came together to help VGY be where she is today :*) I cannot be more than thankful and appreciative towards everyone who have contributed their help or send blessings along our way. THANK YOU ALL ANGELS AND GOD BLESS! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

With Love,
Tricia

2 comments

Post a Comment


~