Friday, November 29, 2013 :: Erabrowlogy @ Erabelle


Just 2 days ago, I paid a visit to Erabelle to have my brows done for the very first time in my life. To be honest, I was skeptical about doing my brows and had a bad impression on “embroidered brows” because I have seen friends with stick thin tattooed-looking brows of less than 2mm thick. I have also seen people with embroidered brows which looked totally unreal – not in the least natural looking. That really got me off on a bad impression for embroidering my brows. Until 2 days ago. 
After receiving an email invitation from the lovely people at Erabelle, I did a thorough research online about them and found so many positive reviews and photos of satisfied customers with their new brows (which for the record do not look like my impression of “embroidered brows”). At the risk of sounding extremely vain, this step I took to do my brows has got to be one of the “face-changing” experience I have other than doing eyelash extensions. Within these 2 days, so many people I meet said I look different, more poised, prettier (haha) to mention a few. The most drastic reaction (which I don’t know whether to be happy or sad for) has got to be from my manicurist Eleen. She actually asked if I did plastic surgery before she looked closely at me then finally came to realize it was actually my brows that (in her words) “framed your face so beautifully” haha. I’d like to call these the Encounter Test haha. If I receive so many positive reactions from the people around me, whatever I have done, must be a “good job” then haha. 
And so, this is my new brows! Taken right after the embroidery service! More on that later! 
ig1 

I booked my appointment at the Visioncrest Building branch because it is just a stone throw away from 313 Somerset and Orchard Central, which was pretty convenient for me ;) 
The cosy and whimsical ambience greeted me when I stepped foot into Erabelle Prestige. I like how brightly lit this place is and not to mention the fact, the decor and furniture are inspired from influences of Japan.  
IMG_9480

IMG_9415 

I was brought around for a tour of the rooms and I was surprised at the amount of detail and thought that is put into designing each room – down to the precision of the smallest object in the room. The room below is reminiscent of a traditional room in Japan. Even the shower room (on the right) is designed to look like the most traditional shower area in Japan! 
IMG_9342 IMG_9343 

The cosy bed and extremely cushy looking quilt. 
IMG_9348


Here’s another room with the beautiful decals on the glass shower door. 
IMG_9353

IMG_9354 

A really feminine room for the ladies :) I love how each wallpaper in the room is handpicked by the owner, who lovessss the Japan culture. 
IMG_9367

IMG_9360 

Here’s one with double beds for couples and BFFs ;) 
IMG_9373 

I really love the wallpaper for this double-room! 
IMG_9376 

The common changing area where guests can come here to change and freshen up after their sessions. It is pretty cosy in here ;) 
IMG_9381 

What did I say about the place being whimsical and cosy at the same time? Just look at the cute decals. This is the shower room for all which is extremely clean and as good as new! 
IMG_9385 

A place for relaxation. This is also where ala-carte meals like sushi are served to the VIP members after their treatments. 
IMG_9402

IMG_9405 

The wholesome experience at Erabelle commenced with a calming foot spa which aims to take away the stress by relaxing your mind via providing comfort and warmth first to the feet.  
IMG_9396

IMG_9398

IMG_9446

SAM_2157 

It came with red dates tea – my favouriteeeeee at CNY! Didn’t expect to be able to drink it here so it was such a nice surprise haha. 
IMG_9448 

After my foot spa, I was brought to this place which felt like Antoinette haha. It does give off that vibe doesn’t it? This is Erabelle’s consultation area (left side) and relaxation corner (right side) which I felt was extremely posh. 
IMG_9371 

Settled down for a skin analysis before my facial and I was shocked to know my skin’s water content on my cheeks are 30+ on both sides, while my forehead and chin had better readings. The optimum level of water content is 60 so if you get a reading of 30+, your skin is considered dry and I learnt that most people hover in the 30s. Better start taking care of your face before it gets too late! 
IMG_9451 

My VIP room which came equipped with a bath tub! 
IMG_9426

IMG_9442 IMG_9427

IMG_9437 

Then it was a good 90 minutes on the posh bed for my Japanese Sake Face Spa. Erabelle, being the first face spa in Singapore with a traditional ryokan-like service culture seek to provide an original experience that will transport guests to a luxurious sanctuary of personal attention. During my time here,I definitely had a taste of Japanese hospitality and service at its legendary best ;) two thumbs up! 
After the first 3 essential steps which includes healing breath therapy with pettigrain essential oils and double cleansing, I thoroughly enjoy this step of the process known as the Lifting Sake Cold Compress (photo on below right). 
If you do not know, Sake is known to be an elixir that geishas used to keep their skin smooth. It’s been used by geisha as an all-purpose tool to exfoliate and brighten the face, smoothen rough hands, detoxify the body and regenerate the skin. The Japanese Sake Facial is a deluxe treatment using this age-old Japanese organic ingredient to work its magic – purifying while actively renewing your skin, natural Kojic acid from sake will inhibit production of melanin, aid in lightening and leave you with a radiant glow. And you can see from my photos subsequently how I woke up to radiant skin with a smoother texture which did not need any makeup to look good! 
SAM_2185 SAM_2192 

The scalp massage was nearly orgasmic. That is all I have to say :p 
SAM_2207

SAM_2213 

This is my customized clay mask with sake infusion. I was given White Clay to combat my sensitive and dry skin. In the mask concoction, there was also moisturising vegetable glycerin and jojoba oils ;) 
SAM_2217 SAM_2222

SAM_2225

SAM_2232

The additional steps thereafter also include Sake Hot Compress, a relaxing shoulder massage before ending with a face massage with essential oil blend. The Sake Hot Compress was extremely comfortable where a warm towel infused with sake solution was placed over my face to boost blood circulation, contributing to further radiance on skin ;) 
The entire range of products from Toner, Eye Care, Skin Care and Sunblock for total skin protection and hydration. 
SAM_2266 

The benefits of this facial aims to (1) Eliminates toxins and detoxifies the skin (2) Makes skin clearer by lightening age spots and blemishes (3) Soothes irritated skin and restores moisture and (4) Regenerates the skin and enhances skin texture. This is my refreshed look after the facial! 
SAM_2208

If you are interested to try out this kickass facial, here’s something special for all my readers! 
Quote my name “Tricia” to get 30% off Japanese Sake Facial (worth $260) + Complimentary Sake Neck Treatment (worth $60) + Complimentary 30g Fairness Sunblock SPF50+ / PA++ (worth $130)
  
* * *

Right after my facial, I was slated to do my brows. Haha living the life you must be thinking! But not at all! I was worrying about work all day long. At least the facial and massage took some stress off my heavily burdened mind. Have been physically and emotionally spent these past few weeks. That aside, I am extremely excited to introduce Erabrowlogy to you because I am in love with my new brows! :D 

WHAT IS ERABROWLOGY? 
Erabrowlogy is a more holistic brow service (as compared to Erabrow) with a pre-treatment step and boosted aftercare routine, to give beautiful and natural-looking brows that frame the face with enhanced colour retention. The effect is expected to last from 2 to 3 years. 
This is the exterior corner where the first step of Erabrowology is carried out. 
IMG_9478

SAM_2279

SAM_2280

SAM_2288
  

Step 1: Brow Preparation: A brow mask was applied onto my brow area to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum, whilst hydrating the skin. This is especially advantageous for those with oily or dry skin.

(on a side note, I really love my skin after the facial!)   
SAM_2290 

Step 2: Erabrow Design: I went through a customisation design process with my artist which includes face shape and eyebrow analysis, designing, trimming and tweezing. Creation of the perfect arch was then drawn with Erabelle Long-Lasting Brow Pencil where the shade is chosen accordingly to suit skin tone and hair colour. I just had my hair color done at Salon Vim with John where he gave me a very subtle sombre from deep brown notes at the roots to a slightly lighter honey brown at the end of my hair for winter. So it was a darker shade for my brows instead of my usual light brown! 
SAM_2308

SAM_2312

SAM_2314

I was then brought into the room and given a patch test (Step 3) to test for any allergy to the certified colour pigment Erabelle uses. I watched on as my artist prepared new micropen tips and colour caps to ensure that strict hygiene standards are observed (Step 4). 
When it was time for the application of color (Step 5), I was slightly afraid as I have always hear people complaining eyebrow embroidery is the most painful procedure to go through etc. Surprisingly, I did not feel any pain! I later learnt it is attributed to the stronger numbing effect that Erabelle practises to ensure the procedure is more comfortable for the consumer. 
Then using specialized Softstroke technique and Erabelle’s micropen, colours are applied just below the epidermis of skin to enhance facial beauty, simulating the look of perfectly-drawn brows while minimizing discomfort to the skin.  
SAM_2322

SAM_2325

SAM_2336

SAM_2345 

And it was completed within an hour or so! I asked for darker brows because I take into consideration it may fade slightly over the next few days before settling in. Also, I have always love strong brows! Don’t you think they emphasize the features and make your face look even more attractive? (Think Park Sora hehe). The effect will last for a good 2-3 years over the course of the 4 color sessions so I am looking at all the time saved to put on makeup and having to draw my eyebrows which usually takes the bulk of my time. 
SAM_2348 

SAM_2350 

Headed out to eat with the girls (after my eyelash appointment with Graceous) thereafter and Evonne said I looked like an ang moh with my new brows haha. Really? REALLY? :D 
SAM_2412 

Even without makeup, with just the brows done prettily, it frames my face and there is really no need for heavy makeup to look good. Got to give thumbs up for this beauty invention! And I have to say again, why did I only discover eyebrow embroidery now at 25!? 
SAM_2421

Gonna go back for a few touch ups and will document it on my Instagram so follow me there! ;) I really do not understand how people experience redness and scabbing on subsequent days because it has been 3 days now and I did not experience any discomfort?? I should be happy right?? Haha! 
Lastly, I have heard stories from fellow blogger friends who mentioned having to bear salons hard-selling their aftercare brow kits with promises that the color will stay longer and then being convinced/forced to fork out additional monies to purchase these kits. But fret not, Erabelle actually provided me with the Browlogy care kit which will be given to all customers after each colour session. It consists of an aftercare cream, hydra cleansing water (which was also used in my facial! Thumbs up for this product!), and skin calming mask which I used on the 2nd and 3rd night for a soothing effect on my brows. 

COST & DISCOUNT & A SURPRISE 
For those who are interested in the cost and is a virgin to eyebrow embroidery like myself, you can expect to pay this figure which IMO is a value-for-money and one of the cheapest in the market as it includes the price for subsequent sessions as well so you can return for touch-ups! 

Erabrowlogy 60mins/session $1,314 (which works out to be $330/session only!) 
[Consists of 4 colour services, with pre-treatments and Browlogy Care kits.] 
PSST, I checked and compared the pricing with my friends who have done eyebrow embroidery outside, Erabelle definitely has one of the cheapest package in Singapore ;) 
For those who have actually gone through eyebrow embroidery and would need extra help in altering the design etc, this package is for you :) 

Erabrowlogy Redesign & Intensive Change 60mins/session $1,690.60
Consists of 5 colour services, with pre-treatments and Browlogy Care kits. 
*additional surcharge of $214 applies for Master Artist request
*prices are inclusive of GST 
Here comes the best part, you can quote my name “Tricia” at any outlet to be entitled 10%* off all Erabrowlogy packages! 
* Discount applies on 1st time customers only.
* Discount does not apply on Master Artist surcharge of $214.
* Promotion will be valid for 1 year from your blog entry. Expires end of November 2014.
* 10% discount will be applicable on Eraliner & Eralip packages if they are purchased on the same day as Erabrowlogy. 
*  
For more info, you can visit Erabelle at their website at www.erabelle.com and FB page http://www.facebook.com/ErabelleSG 
Before I sign off for now, I will be choosing 2 lucky readers to attend Erabelle’s roadshow event at Vivocity on 3 Dec 2013 happening from 6-8pm! You 2 lucky ladies will get to enjoy a complimentary eyebrow design on the spot, pastries and moscato, and a door gift to bring home as well! More on this….ON MY INSTAGRAM today! Stay tuned! ;)

With Love,
Tricia

8 comments

Post a Comment


~