Friday, June 28, 2013 :: Let’s Talk About Hair


Do you know that rich foamy shampoos can lead to unhealthy tresses?
The myth says that sudsy shampoos are better at cleansing. 
But no, you have never been more wrong. 
Sulfates (harsh detergents), the foaming agent found in countless hair care products is the ultimate culprit. While it does cleanse, this chemical detergent is too harsh and aggravate your scalp and damage hair fiber. Healthy hair becomes dry and hair colour
becomes dull. Ever wonder why my hair color often fades beautifully with a beautiful shine? This is because I only strictly use shampoos with low or NO sulphate content.

Before I was educated by Salon Vim, I used to think the more “foamy” the shampoo is, the better the shampoo and the cleaner my hair. Years of using sulphate-containing hair products resulted in my hair fibers becoming weak from lack of natural essential oils and my hair was eventually prone to breakage. I never understood it was because of the SHAMPOO used until John stepped in to rectify the issue and changed all my shampoos to those with non-sulphate content.

If you face problems with sensitive scalp, your poor scalp will be susceptible to flaking and dryness, which can cause itchiness and ultimately scalp acne. This must be familiar to many because over the years, many customers and readers have emailed me personally regarding scalp acne due to sensitive scalp. Upon my recommendation to switch their shampoos to non-sulphate content ones, they no longer face the above mentioned issues. 
So I really have a huge belief in using NON-FOAMY HAIRCARE PRODUCTS and I stand firm in my belief. 
The search for affordable premium non-sulphate hair care products in the market has always been one of my to-dos when I go shopping in beauty departmental stores and even Watsons. So I have amassed a huge collection of these products till date (on top of the sponsored ones from Salon Vim). I have to keep on trying till I find good ones to recommend when people approach me for advice right? ;) 
I have finally found a high quality sulphate-free haircare product at an extremely affordable price and have tested and tried it out on myself for 7 days. Read on to see the simple test I did to help you understand and recognize products containing high levels of sulphate. 
Loreal Hair Expertise Total System 
SAM_5993


I chose the EverPure range as I am always getting a new color on my hair every month! If you are like me, it is good to note not to use products with harsh detergents that will strip your hair of all moisture resulting in dullness and fading of hair color. Choosing the right product can maintain the vibrancy of your hair color! :) 
Here’s the test I performed using the following for comparison:
1) Commercial Drugstore Brand X Shampoo ($12.90)
2) L’Oreal Hair Expertise EverPure Shampoo ($14.90)
3) Salon Brand / Salon Standard Shampoo ($39.90) 
(Click on the photos to enlarge) 

Commercial Drugstore Brand X Shampoo 
SAM_5994-desSAM_5995-des


L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise EverPure
SAM_5997-desSAM_5999-des


High-End Salon Brand Shampoo
SAM_6001-desSAM_6002-des


As you can see from the first 2 photos, the Commercial Brand X Shampoo foams up with craaaaazy amount of suds. If you can enlarge the photo, my hands are dry with NO water. This was the first experience I did and by just rubbing my hands 10 times, this is the amount of suds formed. 
In the 2nd experiment using L’Oreal EverPure, my hands were slightly wet and similarly, I rubbed my hands 10 times to get this amount of suds. Compare this with the first experiment. Even with WET hands, the amount of suds formed were visibly lesser compared to the first experiment. 
In the last experiment, I used a high end salon brand shampoo which cost me $39.90 for an extremely small bottle. The amount of suds is comparatively similar to L’Oreal EverPure, with all conditions constant (including slightly wet hands). 
This experiment is extremely simple and you can do it at home as well to compare L’Oreal Hair Expertise range with any traditional drugstore shampoo. And I can assure you, the results will be exactly the same should all conditions be constant. 
At an affordable price, you can enjoy the benefits of a high quality range of sulfate-free haircare products! These products do not necessarily need to be expensive to be good! As long as the ingredients used lack of sulphates, silicones and parabens, your hair will be cleansed deeply without the elimination of essential scalp oils or moisture. 
Hope I have managed to educate you on choosing your haircare products carefully! ;) It really pays in the long term to take care of your hair! 
L’Oréal Paris Hair Expertise retails in supermarkets, pharmacies, and departmental stores islandwide. Find out more on http://bit.ly/1auVA9y 

With Love,
Tricia

2 comments

Post a Comment


~