Friday, August 15, 2014 :: SilkyGirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balm


IMG_5669 
One of my woes is having dry and peeling lips. Not sure how many of you out there suffer from this like I do but even as I hydrate myself, my lips will still be peeling with flakes of dry skin appearing on top of my colored lips in the middle of the day. It is not a pretty sight because I am often in bright colored lips which make peeling lips even more obvious and unsightly. One of my really unproductive ways of getting around my dry lips is running off to a toilet every 3-4 hours to first (1) remove my lipstick (2) exfoliate my lips (sometimes using sugar which I bring along) (3) apply lipbalm (4) head off to relieve myself in the toilet while I wait for my lipbalm to moisturize my lips (5) pad on foundation to set my lips so I have a blank and smooth canvas to apply my lipstick (6) apply lipstick (7) blot and reapply before heading out to my next destination. That is why I say this is a unproductive way but it works for me.
I am always on a lookout for good lipbalms or lip serums which can nourish my lips with enough moisture to avoid it peeling off at the first hour of lipstick application and I came across a really affordable lipcolor balm from SilkyGirl also known as Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balm
IMG_5520
  
Other than providing long-lasting moisture because of Vitamins A, C and E, it is pretty lightweight and creamy. It is extremely moisturizing with the benefits of a lipbalm and the sleek design means having the precision of a lipliner. 
IMG_5531
  
I have always been the sucker for colours with excellent payoff and this lipcolor balm does not disappoint. Here I am wearing my favourite in a really vivid orange which brightens up my look instantly. 
IMG_5681
  
This color goes on pretty long-lasting which is why I say this gives other upmarket brands a run for their money. 
IMG_5685 
If you have been keeping up with my social media especially Facebook, I have recently shared an article from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) on companies which do animal testing and it is extremely heart-wrenching seeing such images. 

PETA  
So to learn about the “4-No forumla: No fragrance, No paraben, No carmine and No animal testing” on the creation of this product made me more inclined towards using products by SilkyGirl. It only means the product is created with a heart for the environment, animals and the users. 
IMG_5527 
To that, I say this is a highly affordable as it’s only selling at S$11.90! Such good product can definitely go a long way in your everyday makeup pouch :) 
Lastly, if you lovely ladies want to win a SilkyGirl hamper worth $100, all you have to do is join the #boostofcolor contest! Post a picture of your lips on Instagram and hashtag #boostofcolor! Contest ends on 7th September 2014 and 3 winners will be announced via @Gushcloud_SG Instagram. 
Good luck! :)

Labels: , , , ,

With Love,
Tricia

2 comments

Post a Comment


~